April 06, 2013

Shiva trilogy...

I thought I wasnt a sucker for these new age stories based on mythology. I reluctantly started reading "The immortals of Meluha" after a few months after it got released. Then even when the second book got published there was some reluctance and I dint remember the first story completely. I was in no mood to go back and read the first part in order to follow the second one. No way! I found out there was no need to re-read. Finally I just happened to find a copy of "The secret of the Nagas", in the local library and picked it up. I read it in four days flat! I must give some credit to the author for making it a sure page turner. The plot keeps you glued. There is some philosophy thrown in. Some conversations are interesting.  The characters are more human than godly, as in with all flaws that humans can be associated with and the author has tried to reason out scientifically the various attributes that were given to these men and women which has made them appear exceptional and godly over the centuries.
You agree on some and find some amusing and even ridiculous. Even inspired by Bollywood! There is one character called "Bappiraj" who wears a lot of gold and is short(and was he stout also?! cant remember now!). No guesses for whom the author got inspired from. Come on, such cliche!
The cover designs are quite interesting, am a person who does pick books for whats on and written at the back of the covers.
Am actually looking forward to reading the last part of the trilogy. May not be books I would want to read again and again. But a new genre for sure that interests me. 

No comments:

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...