June 13, 2012

The story of my silver rings...


I was in Chennai for a few months in late 2008. I had been to a jewelry store that had an entire store exclusive for silver jewelry. One, I like the silver colour more than gold and two, there was an astrologer who would help people choose their “lucky” stones, three – rings are my favorite jewelry. I have always had an inclination towards astrology, palmistry, tarot cards etc. The thought of knowing and predicting the future amuses me. So, there I was in the perfect place of culmination of my likings and surely, I bought two rings, one for each hand – a coral and a turquoise.  I was very pleased with myself.

There have been three instances where I thought I had lost the rings and found them. They do not fit my fingers exactly. The silver smith suggested I could get it altered for no extra cost, but I did not want that clear mark of a cut and weld job. I do not put threads around them to fit better. I somehow seem to believe now they always find me back! It makes me smile.

The very first time after buying those rings when I was traveling for a visit to Bangalore, by the time I reached home, I did not have the coral ring. I wasn’t sure when was the last time I had seen it. My mother insisted I should look in my hand bag, but I told her, it could have fallen anywhere and did not look. My mother was convinced it would be in handbag and looked for it, she actually found it!

The next time it was in Minneapolis. It was a snowy day and I was wearing my gloves. Along with the gloves I had removed the ring and put the gloves the side pocket of my bag pack. I had removed the ring with the gloves several times, so I checked the gloves when I realized my torquoise ring was missing.It wasn’t there, so I assumed I had lost the ring. Several days later when I was looking for something in the side pocket I found the ring!

Today I realized in the noon that I forgot my turquoise ring. I thought it would be at the usual place where I keep it before taking a shower. Back home, I did not find it there. Even without an iota of doubt I knew it was in my handbag. I was not even sure I had worn in the morning, but I was damn sure I will find it. Voila, and there it was! I am still smiling!

No comments:

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...