June 30, 2012

Growing up...

In my juvinile days, I used to think that life would be a series of exciting events once I finish school. I would travel, write and do amazing things. My small town life would end, and various oppurtunities would open up. I did move out of my small town after graduation. But I soon realised life is not a series of exciting events as an adult. I did travel, I did have fun. But excitement was more in bursts, here and there. It was humbling to understand the fact that I had to work hard for "fancy" stuff to happen. With a day job and the mundaneness it brings to life, you need to strive for ways to find joys. Sometimes it looks like some people just get lucky and get things easily, but only with time do you realise, luck is just a form of reward for hard work and immaculate planning. Not always can you see the cause, its only results that are evident. It is definitely not heart breaking, but it takes a while to grasp this. That is what is growing up - getting a reality check.

No comments:

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...