June 02, 2012

Plans...


I started off doing my MBA with a lot of gusto in July 2010(although I had enrolled in mid 2008 and could start the course early 2009, other things happened and this went on the back burner). I cleared all the papers until I hit a road block in the form of “Finance” of Stage II in Jan 2011. That was the first time in my life that I flunk an exam. Initially I was slightly shocked as I did not know how to react to failure in an exam!(I hadn’t prepared that well, but the shocking part was probably for luck running out, finally!) Eventually I somehow convinced myself that it was a good thing that happened to me – now that I know how it feels to flunk!  I tried teaching myself some basics in the subject before actually reading the text books. I downloaded some stuff from the net and was warming up. Somehow plans changed and I could not study as seriously as I had planned. As I was aware that I had not prepared, it messed with head and I did not attend the exams. There was probably a fear of failing, but I just acted aloof. Over the next couple of months I even stopped preparing. There were classes I could attend over weekends, but I made no effort. I stopped believing I could even pass this exam.
 My initial target was to complete my MBA before end of 2012. That seemed farfetched.
I had been running away from it for too long. Finally in Feb 2012, I thought of giving it another try. I tried studying and understanding what I could. When I got frustrated I watched back to back movies while trying to study over the weekends! I am not sure how, but I got a “C” and cleared the paper. Such a relief, I must say! If all goes well, I can still complete my MBA by end of 2012! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...