July 05, 2005

Joy

I sometimes feel very curious about some (ya sometimes small)things. For example I want to know all commands in VI..when I watch my TL use it do all magic(so many things are possible and for me what I dont understand is pure magic until I learn the tricks!) Learning by oneself is sheer joy, it stays with you for long. Not just that it gives you the joy of discovering, its like you opening a beautifully wrapped gift. And the gift always turns out to be great, however small the piece of information you learn! Hmmm...for some time now I was practicing some of these tricks and time just seemed to fly..I still feel I want to play with these for some more time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a learnt a few tricks and nice things from my physics prof. Six years later, i was teaching them to my students and the joy at their amused looks and yells like "Whoa.Awesome" still ring in my ears

Unknown said...

ya - i especially was awed by the 'flame test' we used to perform in the chemistry lab. i was caught on more than one occasion for burning up some rare and costly metal - don't remember its name, used to give a crimson red flame! strontium was it??

Pratibha said...

Thanks.Hmm..nice inputs, I guess we are never too old to learn new stuff. Only difference could be as we grow older we dont let ourselves be awed by things around easily!

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...