July 06, 2005

Pure fun..sky is the limit!

I am a little crazy about those weekly and daily predictions that appear in newspapers and websites. Its note that I am a strong believer of astrology but I feel its so much fun. On every Sunday I eagerly read them just to see how my week ahead will be. Then I totally forget it until something (may be by chance) happens as I had read! I happen to be a Leo, and take pride in being one!
My interests in astrology started during my school days when we had an astronomy club in school. And astronomy and astrology are two different sciences altogether.
We used to called it "star gazing". It used to be fun, pure fun. Spotting constellations, identifying stars, imagining all those patterns that give those constellations their names. During one Shivaratri we stayed awake all night watching stars! Those were days I will remember all my life..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

star gazing - this is one of the best incidents... remember there was a meteor shower a decade ago? me n my friends gathered on my home's terrace to watch the spectacle at 11pm in the night. the shower was forecasted at 12-30am. it was dark and we could hear many voices from nearby terraces. many ppl had gathered to watch the meteor shower. we got bored waiting and we had an idea. we lit off a few firework rockets! we could hear sounds of awe all around!!!! all of us were rolling on the floor laughing!! :))

Pratibha said...

Srinivas, I dont exactly remember the one that you mentioned. I vaguely remember a couple of such occasions. But yes, whenever we watched a meteor we would get excited. At that time I had hardly watched any Hindi movies, if I had, I would probably have made so many wishes! :)

Unknown said...

hindi movies? oh ya - the "toot ta taara" stuff... do you believe in that??

Pratibha said...

I dont exactly know if I believe it or not. But I do make a wish if I remember at that time! Its like reading weekly predictions that I had written about. Its more for the fun of it than anything else.

Unknown said...

yeah - its a pleasant surprise if it does come true! :)

geronimo said...

I didn't have an Astrology club in school. I wish I had. I love star gazing too, if I am in the mood. I can identify some constellations :). The limitless sky. What if we could just float up? And see the earth from far above without spending a paisa on rockets and spaceships? To travel faster than light to the far reaches wherever they are. It will be like "Hey, I will just go to that planet I told you about and come back. The sky is better looking from up there at this time of the night. Be back in an hour" :)

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...