June 10, 2005

En-lightenment!

The other day I felt bad because I felt very sad when someone had questioned the very way I do things. It might not have been intentional at all, it just could have been a casual remark, and may be I took it the wrong way. But it did make me think..

There are several things in life which we think we love. I always felt I loved my job(even now mostly I do), because, it gave me a sense of security, made me "acceptable" among friends, gave a purpose during all those days after graduation when you dont know what to do with yourself! I had so many reasons. And I never felt like questioning myself, even once. This was not where I wanted to be when I was young. I always dreamt of becoming someone else. And no one forced me to be what I am. I had chosen my career. And I felt I should never regret anything, stand by all my decisions.

Hey, its not that I dont like what I am doing any more. I surely enjoy it, but certainly dont love it for the same reasons. I understand that its not the job I love, its that "occupation" of my mind while doing things that keeps me free from the anything to do with the rest of the world and yes certainly for the reason that it gives me things to do between weekends! (I read this on a poster). There is no need to feel overly about anything/anybody. I realize that there is no need to justify any feeling/belief of yours that gets contradicted at times. And there is certainly no need to tell myself to keep "loving" it. There is no point. When you feel like you have "had enough", feel free to feel it. When you enjoy doing something, enjoy the feeling to the core without any regrets, without any guilt. I am understanding that one shouldnt try dictating ones feelings and thoughts always. There are so many things beyond us.Like there are several things and people I have loved all my life without knowing why, and I still do. May be thats how life is.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm... many things on this post. Yes, we cannot stop others from speaking their mind about anything. And its also true that others need not force us to change the way we are. So, what it comes down to is that we need to see if what others say (good or bad) might be true. Then may be we can change accordingly but this time, the change is because we chose to change and not entirely because we were dictated into it.

And I completely agree when you sy that we must not force ourselves into believing or liking something.

Nice post! Straight from the heart...

Unknown said...

and this new template is cooler :)

Aleph Null said...

One loves the feeling of love, perhaps more than the object of love!!

Unknown said...

no activity here??

Pratibha said...

Vaibhav, I agree with you to some extent..its always nice to love and to be loved.
Srinivas, I do write stuff on and off but sometimes forget to post it!

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...