June 09, 2005

Crushes???

As a teenager, I used to have so many crushes. On an average, one every month. It continued to be like that until recently.Now I wonder why it isnt that way. It was very strange. All these people were celebs of some magnitude, I never had met them, I never wished to meet them! It was just that I loved to watch them (either on TV/the bigscreen) or listen to them. It was sheer excitement.
One of my biggest crushes (in the sense that it lasted for many months!) was on channel[v] VJ Purab. He used to host this show called "CRUSH" and I had a crush on him! I liked everything about him, the way he spoke, the way he looked, and absolutely everything about him. Even now I like him, but I am not as crazy as I used to be! He seems to be very talented. The last I heard about him (doesnt that make you feel I know him personally!) was that he acted in Sanjay Suri's film My brother Nikhil. I am not very sure but I guess he played a homosexual in that film!
Then the next longest one was probably Sonu (Nigam). I was very crazy about his voice. He has a magic in his voice. I used to like "Yeh dil" from Pardes a lot. Now I sometimes dont like the very way he looks! Those long hair,my god! He used to look so cute with that neat haicut. Well I certainly shouldnt comment about other peoples' hair-styles given the fact that I experiment with it myself! Thats a different story altogether.That will probably need a dedicated space on my blog..hmmm?? But I still like his songs.
The list can go on... I am not even sure whether these crazy fascinations of having imaginary relationships with non-existent people(they never belonged to my world!) can even be called "crushes", but I always called them so, it made the feeling all the more interesting! Usually when people have crushes on celebs they are so eager to meet them in person. But I never felt I wanted to meet them some day! When any of my friends asked me this question it was outright "no way!". Crazy me!

2 comments:

Karan said...

hi!
yes.. purab does play a homosexual in myBrotherNikhil, and yes, i think he has done that role really well.. The treatment in the film itself is so subtle that it makes it hard for u to know for sure. i thot the film dealt with a mature topic really beautifully. hope that the hindi film industry rolls out movies as good as these every year..

Vinay said...

Hi Pratiba,
Vinay here!!..surprised to see my comments here...well...digest it:-)

hmm...purab....u must thn watch...a chota film called 'Bus yuhn hi'...amazing film...purab just looks cool in the film...I hav watched it thrice:-)

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...