May 20, 2005

Coffee...

I wasnt this crazy about coffee until a couple of years ago. I always wondered why people loved this drink the way they do. At home I had always seen my mom start her day with a hot cup of coffee. And beleive me there are thousands of people who are real crazy about this drink..

Now even I start my day with a cup of this heaven! Unlike most other people I like my coffee not very hot. It cant be called hot also! Its a little hotter than what is called warm and a little colder than what is called hot! Ya, I am so particular about its temperature as well! Crazy me!

Coffee has even inspired a recent talk show to be named after it. Koffee with Karan, and Karan Johar dint spare even the humble coffee. He added a 'K' to it as well! See dint I tell you Koffee can be Krazy! And with so many cool looking coffee shops I guess coffee is no longer that humble drink.

And coffee has this very romantic association with mornings and newspapers! What a way to start your day with hot (not that very!) cup of coffee reading your favorite newpaper!

But let me tell you, too much of anything isnt good as well. This is from my own experience. I used to down cups of it when I felt very sleepy. Its a diuretic. It can cause gastric disorders, prevents one from getting hungry and the list goes on...

Hmm.. my strong admiration for coffee dint diminish anyways. I take it in the right amount and enjoy it now. So herez some space on my blog for this special drink!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Another coffee lover!

And about the effects of high coffee consumption that you've put up - I DID NOT READ THAT!! :D

Unknown said...

no updates since a while?

Aleph Null said...

Hmm. Here's another delicious recipe (if u r a coffe and chocolate lover): in a glass of piping hot milk, add 1 tsp. of drinking chocolate, 1 tsp. of cocoa and 1/2 tsp. of nescafe. U'll have an amazing cup of bitter chocolate. If its too bitter, add sugar or change proportions of the 3 ingredients to suit ur tongue (only drinking chocolate has sugar among the 3). ENJOY!!

Baejaar said...

It seems there are very few who can resist coffee. After all with the first streaking rays of the sun, a Hindu newspaper and a filter coffee to boot - is there a better way to start the day?

Despite having avoided coffee till I graduated - now I am trying my best to make up for it. Infact I love it so much that I have my blog dedicated to it - Suda Suda Coffee

Unknown said...

Ah! a delicacy by none other than Vaibhav himself eh?! Hey Vibes, you could share with us how to prepare 'nannari soda'!! :))

Pratibha said...

Hey, thanks people for those responses, Vaibhav I shall try out the awesome stuff and baejaar, I shall certainly visit your blog.

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...