June 22, 2013

Yeh jawaani, hein deewani...

Movie : Yeh jawaani hein deewani
Language : Hindi
Why did I watch it : New release (well not so new, released 3 weeks ago), Big fan of Ranbir.

My take : It is a simple love story, first half is fun, second half is somewhat an emotional drama. I felt only Ranbir’s character – Bunny is somewhat complete – he is flawed, he is selfish, fun loving, wants a lot from life – and like he says – he wants “Raftaar” – “chalna hein, bhaagna hein, girna bhi hein, magar rukhna nahi hein”. With all his flaws he is real. Deepika’s role as Naina is not substantial I felt. She has done a good job as a girl who wants simple things in life. The two meet, fall in love and meet again after 8 years, now, mature and well aware of how different they are and how different their expectations are from life. Naina tells Bunny – “It is not like you are wrong or I am right, it is just that we are very different from each other”. The conversations between Bunny and Naina are interesting. In the end all gets rosy abruptly! J I am not complaining of the rosy part though!

Aditya Roy Kapoor as Avi seems to be struggling with his dialogs, I had expected more from him. He looks intense and seemed promising in “Guzaarish”. Kalki fits her role.  Kunal Roy Kapoor is somewhat delightful, despite the stupid dance moves!


Ranbir dances like a dream and kept my heart racing. His dance number with Madhuri is awesome. I loved the song - “Badtameez dil” the most. Oh man! “Balam pichkari” and “Delhi wali girlfriend” songs are catchy and are also choreographed well. The music is quite good. My expectations were quite high from the promos and because it has Ranbir, but the film is ok. Ranbir makes it worthy of a watch. 

No comments:

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...