June 07, 2013

June...

June has been kind of a special month during my growing up years. Unlike many kids, I was very eager to get back to school after the summer holidays. (We did not have exams till Class 7, that may explain the strange phenomenon!). I enjoy environments where there is hardly any attempt to enforce restrictions. I do have limitations which cause restrictions - but that are my own realities, some even imagined, but still my own. Anything enforced is not often appreciated! So school that way was fun in my growing up years.

June also happens to be the month, we moved to our own house and I remember some ceremonies on that day very distinctly. I was only 11 and the frock that I had worn on the day remained a favourite for quite a while although I outgrew it within a very short time!

There is also my parents wedding anniversary in June. Over the years, I do not remember it being celebrated grandly, although it is special for the family. This year is it was very special. My parents became grand parents on the very day. That made the day indeed grand! We had a new arrival to the family - my little nephew! I am not sure how much people change when they become parents or grand parents - rather it is the priorities that may change more than the people themselves. I had not thought about how having a nephew would influence me, I had just thought it would be fun having a baby in the family. I have been wondering about it last couple of days and have a faint feeling that something may have actually changed!

When I held him for the first time in my arms it was a strange happy feeling. That was the first time I was seeing a baby minutes after birth. I was very curious. He was crying when the nurse handed him to me and he stopped crying as soon as he was in my arms. I was very surprised that the nurse thought I could handle such a precious little baby. I was a little scared, but when he stopped crying and seemed content in my arms, I was amazed and joyous at the same time. Did he understand that sense of belonging? Why did he stop crying? That very gesture made the moment special, and it is going to stay with me. I plan to tell him this when he grows up! :) "I love you kiddo. "

No comments:

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...