March 26, 2013

Well, "The suitable boy"...


Am not the kind of person who goes to the end of the fat book that am reading to find out what really happens at the end. But I did. And am not surprised. Vikram Seth writes wonderfully well. The story of “The suitable boy” is quite engrossing, engaging and makes for a pleasurable reading experience. But, come on, such a fat book! I am done with reading more than half the book, and it has been quite a few weeks since I started reading, I cannot carry the book around for the sheer size of it, so cant read when am on the move. So I gave in to a momentary lapse of self control, I was very curious to know who Lata ends up marrying - of her three suitors, I went ahead, found out. Now am back to reading the book where I had stopped before giving in to my curiosity. If it was some other kind of a book, may be I would have lost interest reading further as I knew the end, but somehow that knowledge here does not deter my wanting to complete reading the book. Good for me!

No comments:

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...