March 23, 2013

Kai Po Che...



Movie name: Kai Po Che

Language : Hindi

Why did I watch it : New release -its a few weeks old, but nothing exciting in the theater and I was kind of not so keen on watching the movie as I had found the book "The 3 mistakes of my life" on which the movie is based, mediocre. But the reviews for the movie seemed good and little nudging was enough to go watch.

My take : I liked the lead actors, pretty decent stuff from debutants in fact. The pace of the movie seems good, wasnt bored at any time. The characterization of Ishaan, Omi and Govind are quite impressive - they come across quite real. Kai Po Che means "I have cut"(the kite) in Gujrati it seems. The characters do switch to Gujrati sometimes in the movie and one has to make sense from the context(no sub titles)! The movie sticks to the same story as in the book, but with some variation at the end if I remember correctly - although I wasnt impressed by the story itself even when I read the book. It has all the ingredients for a good commercial movie - friendship, cricket, violence and even some romance. Not my cup of tea though but I dint mind watching the movie either. One time watch.

No comments:

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...