December 15, 2006

The joy of being misunderstood!!

There are times when I am misunderstood. I hate explaining myself. I rarely do. But there is one thing very surprising in these situations that I consistently do. I totally go out of my way to prove to the other person how right he/she is in misunderstanding me! Its a little crazy. None the less, I do it. I really dont like to be trusted too much by people who do not know me well. It seems to make the person more powerful and me more vulnerable! I see it more as a burden. Expectations mount. That too unnecessarily. So misunderstandings are those rare opportunities to actually make life simpler, free yourself of some burden. If there is any truth in whatever I thought was that person's trust in me, he/she will definitely not be taken away with
my crazy behaviour(adamant people I tell you) and will remain friends. The others who leave, help you grow. Actually there are many people whom I dearly cared for and even they left at some time, momentarily making me feel bitter, but made me think and feel deeply, made me grow and mature, made me much of that I am today. And there are some other people whom I cared immensely about, but I moved away, not forced by circumstances, but out of sheer choice,
to find myself.
So when I am not understood by people whom I care, it really hurts. When people whom I dont care enough for dont seem to understand, initially it does not feel good, but then I start enjoying it!

2 comments:

Dew said...

So what do you do when this happens :

So when I am not understood by people whom I care, it really hurts.

Curious to know because I ahev failed to find a solution to this problem...


Just curious to know.
Also do find some time to visit my blog :)

Pratibha said...

Dear penguin, I feel one needs to justify oneself, make one's intentions clear only to people who really matter to you. Give the person some time, give yourself sometime and then if need arises, explain things. Mostly that would work. Thats how I do it, you can also try. :)

When I am very confused I scribble in the blog about it...it either helps me see things better or just feel good of having vented it out...

hey,I do visit your blog...

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...