December 18, 2006

Kabul Express - my verdict!

Watched "Kabul Express" film yesterday! A beautiful film. Short, moving, intelligent and beautiful. For a person like me who was not following the happenings in Afghanistan recently and who reads the newspaper twice a week, the "reality" depicted in Kabul was an eye opener. The geography of the place, with the nearly cloudless azure sky, vast stretches of dry land seemed mystic. But the people seem to have a different story to tell. This place seems no where close to a civilized society, although there did exist a great one long ago. What one gets to understand of how women were treated during the Taliban period is saddening.

Humour in the movie is mostly sarcastic. You find yourself smiling, sometimes laughing out loud. Its not just Warsi who brings a comic relief in the movie. There is a quadruped actor also! Very interesting character.

John looks good as usual. Neatly written script. Highly recommend it for a different experience.

2 comments:

Dew said...

I will definitely watch Kabul express after reading your post :)

Thanks for visiting the blog.. Ya I think I am the most dull one and everybody around me is somehow a big shot or heroic character.. Dont know how I ended up with such people :)

For the book collection credit goes to google and randomhouse.com .Oh I forgot STRAND book stall :)

Keep writing I read your blog regularly and keep visiting mine too :)

Have a nice day!!!!!!!

Aleph Null said...

happy new year!

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...