August 18, 2008

10 things before the next Olympics...

I read recently that it helps to put down plans and keep looking at them once in a while to motivate yourself, to think about them and do something about it. Let me try...

1. Attend the next Olympics in London. Was very motivated seeing 3 young Indians materialise this dream. London seems not that far and doable. Need to find out how to get the tickets for Olympics. Can it booked online, I wonder.
2. Get a book published - any kind of a book, a novel, a compilation of short stories. (If not anything at least a self help book or a cook book! - sigh) - doable.
3. Have at least a few country visas stamped on my passport - especially want to see a few places like Istanbul, Athens, Venice, Paris and some in India like Nainital, Guwahati, Jaipur, Ladhak. Planning needed, but doable.
4. Want to go alone to some far off place, for a vacation - just a crazy idea, but deep inside it is going to mean so much. I will be proving so many things - not to the world, but to myself.
5. Want to go bungee jumping. I am very scared of heights, thats why its going to be fun!
6. Get a masters degree. - very doable, so do it.
7. Be a good cook. I always feel, if I put a little effort I can be a good cook.(Reason : My mother and sister are excellent cooks - dont ask me what kind of reasoning is this.) I keep nodding when my mother gives me tips on cooking and sometimes she even asks me to tell her recipes of some dishes she has taught me(something on the lines of Viva) and finds them ok. But I know very few things and only simple ones. Rest all I have a theoretical knowledge and so need to push myself to practise more. - Again very doable, so why dont I do it!
8. Get my investments right. Whatever I have already done looks messy and not very smart moves moneywise. I want to learn how to invest in stocks and shares and make a lot of money! Sigh!
9. Run a full marathon(42kms) - the runs I have done so far can hardly be called marathons! Will need a hell lot of practise, but I love running and so should be doable.
10. Volunteer for things that make me feel good. I know I have a lot of energy and if not channelised will go waste.

Ah well, the list seems very doable. And the only person it depends on is - ME! What a realisation!

5 comments:

dilip said...

11. Go through this list from 1-10 atleast once every 15 days and contemplate...
Very doable..;)

Pratibha said...

Yes sir, very doable :)

Rajeev said...

Item 10 -> Contact me ( Send me a test e-mail @ rajgutte@gmail.com ) .. I have an idea to tap your energy ...

Item 8 -> Once I get your e-mail I will write you what I know ...

Vinay said...

Item 10 - Pls contact me, we need volunteers :)
Item 2 - I think I know what route to follow if you really want to get a book published, contact for more details :)
Item 5 - Let me know, when you are going...I'll also join :)

Dewdrop said...

Items 1,3,5 - Call me also.
Item 8- I can be of some help soon ;)

All the best

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...