July 09, 2008

Number game...

When I was a little girl, it was a habit while travelling, to see the vehicle numbers of the vehicles that pass by. From the registration number I could guess from which part of India it was from. Also if it had a Karnataka registration, which district is it from. Like from KA-01 to KA-05 is Bangalore registration, KA-06 is Tumkur, KA-07 is Kolar and so on. Dad had taught me this and I would surprise my Mom with the "skill" that I had acquired. Just yesterday while stuck in a traffic jam in Jakkasandra I noticed so many vehicles with registration numbers which were not from Bangalore and kept smiling at the fact that I had not played the guessing game for a long long time.

2 comments:

dilip said...

So time to update the database...:)
Maybe you can start with KA-51?? ;)
Actually me too "was" interested in this, more because of curosity rather than anything else..:)
I used to wonder where CKH & CAR come from...:)

Pratibha said...

I surely need to update...dint know of the KA-51 bit.. :)

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...