January 19, 2007

Am gonna miss....

Am moving to a new office. I was just asking myself, other than the familarity and comfort of the people I work with, what else will I miss? Trying to list:
1. The library, particularly the one for non technical books.
2. Yoga class, and to some extent the gym.
3. The lazy walk beside the "pond" after lunch.
4. Variety of lunch available(you get South Indian,north Indian,Chinese, Continental,ok just name it you get it) and ofcourse my only lunch companion in all these years of my work life.(Well she is more than a friend, have known her for almost nine years now- best buddy in college!)
5. I had started noticing some really cute looking, kannada speaking guys! Oh god, what late realization hmm!
6. Bus ride! Now am I not being rediculous. Was this not the one reason I thought I dint have a life after office hours on weekdays? Ya, but I am gonna miss it.
7. Barista, coffee day, Strand and Oxford bookstall (both offer 20% discount)
Hmm...thats sums it up. Now I wonder, this very office when I shifted a year ago to, I used to crib saying it was so far from civilazation and outside the city and now I feel I am gonna miss it! Thats life.

5 comments:

Swetha Dua said...

Hey Pratibha...

Found your blog from Vinay's blog...

Amazing stuff man!!!
Keep it going :)

Dew said...

hey..hope you enjoy the new office..
i also like that song "teri diwaani" really nice one..

keep writing and belated happy new year

Pratibha said...

Thanks swetha and penguin..keep visiting :)

Anonymous said...

so, howz life in new office?

[requiem]

Pratibha said...

Its good Req, liking the work here...it feels good working! ;)

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...