July 29, 2013

Random...

I have been wanting to write about a few things from last couple of weeks. Like writing up a review of “Despicable me 2” which I watched. Then, I was in the live audience of a TEDx event and thoroughly enjoyed most of the talks.
But then sometimes if I don’t write them soon after I feel like wanting to write about them, a little later it feels like a self imposed assignment! 

I read excellent reviews for “Bhaag Milkha bhaag”, but the duration of the movie somehow is not very encouraging. Even D-Day reviews are good. Let me see which movies I really end up watching in the theaters. 

I watched the movie - "Love in the time of cholera" yesterday. Having read the book, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the movie. The passages from the book kept coming back. Then a thought occurred to me, had I not read the book, I dont think I can appreciate such movies. There are a lot of subtleties in the visual medium, which I cannot right away get, particularly when the cultural aspect of the backdrop and the time in which it is set is not familiar. The book on the other hand gives a lot of context and is easier to follow and you as a reader can decide on the pace.

 Well, the weather in Bangalore does not permit much these days, if it is drizzling in the evenings, all that one wishes to do is get cozy in bed with a nice book!

No comments:

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...