July 06, 2005

Canine friends..

I have always loved dogs. My canine friends, thats what I call them! I have had their company at home ever since I was about two years old. People who have had pets at home tend to get attached to them very much. It was the same with me too. At one time we had three dogs. A small canine family of three! Now its just one. My favorite was called Pintu, a gem of a dog. He was a very friendly pomarian. Always waited for me when I came back home from school. I used to pull his whiskers, and he never seemed to mind.( You generally cant to that with most dogs!).He used rub himself against my legs until I patted him. He lived for almost sixteen years. He was a plaything for me at first. He once fell seriously ill. The fear of losing him made me realise that he meant so much to me. But fortunately he recovered and lived for several more years.
Pets according to me make us better people. They teach us to care,love and be loved.

1 comment:

geronimo said...

I LOVE DOGS! But I am unfortunate enough not have had one of my own. But yes, I LOVE DOGGIES. Preferably German Shepherds or the more sedate breeds, which can spring to life when needed.

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...