August 13, 2013

Writing...

I sometimes wonder how, many a time, my expressions are heavily borrowed by all that I have read over the years. Do I really feel like that or is it that these come closest to what I could put in words – I am not sure. I guess as a reader, one enjoys a certain passage, when we come across word associations that are not common, and that take our imagination much closer to what the writer visualized - almost to the level of actually viewing the scene or the reader gets such an illusion (:P), that is what is wonderful. 

Previously I would just enjoy writing even if I used many clichéd expressions as long as they were what I wanted to say, but clichéd none the less. Probably the clichés were intentional, to make myself familiar with those word patterns. Now I feel I should try writing in a way that can be called my writing style. A style originates when a perspective is translated aptly into words. Since my perspective of everything is different from anyone else (the truth, the world, anything and everything  can be quite different in my perception, you see) my writing style, if nurtured in all its rawness might be interesting! J Does that mean I don’t have a writing style yet? Well, no, I may or may not have. What I mean is till now I have not been a conscious writer. I mostly write to capture my comments on a certain event. There is a trigger and the writing is my response, a response I would like to keep track of, and hence goes in to the blog. It is more anecdotal. I want to(or rather wish to) intensify my observations to details. Shift the focus. Hold the view long enough to let the writing cover the scene as close to as I saw it. There is also an observation on my criticism skills – when I like something, I like it – I cannot pick loopholes in it, it is not that I avoid it, it is that I am blind to it. So if as an observer I hold my attention a little longer, I may see the drawbacks as well, or would I? That is something I need to try a little more. Aha. Now, what do I write on? 

4 comments:

stonedpenguin_ said...

I concur! :)

Pratibha said...

:) interesting. Which idea do you exactly concur with?

stonedpenguin_ said...

Honestly, I do not remember now :P

I guess its the way you put it in words. About how one tries to pass on the mental picture to another through words, hoping they would visualize it through your eyes.

:)

Pratibha said...

:) hmmm ok.. Appreciate the comments, thank you!

Must Dos to remain sane...

1. Mind your own business. You do not run the show and have no control of what happens, give your best and keep going. 2. Read books. Rea...